General Jeffrey L. Harrigian is Commander, Allied Air Command headquartered at Ramstein Air Base, Germany; and Director, Joint Air Power Competence Centre at Kalkar, Germany.
In his capacity as Commander, Allied Air Command, General Harrigian is responsible to the Supreme Allied Commander Europe for the Air and Missile Defence of NATO Alliance member nations during peacetime operations. His command ensures the preservation of Alliance territorial integrity from Northern Norway to Southern Italy and from the Azores to Eastern Turkey, including every European NATO nation. Furthermore, in the event of a joint NATO operation he is the responsible commander of the Air Component.
General Harrigian is also Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa. In this capacity, he commands U.S. airpower across more than 19 million square miles. This area also includes 104 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East, the Arctic, Atlantic and Indian Oceans, possesses more than a quarter of the world's population, and generates more than a quarter of the world's gross domestic product.
General Harrigian was commissioned in 1985 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has served in a variety of flying and staff assignments, including Deputy Director for Strategy, Plans and Assessments, U.S. Forces-Iraq, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and as Chief of the Joint Exercise Division at NATO's Joint Warfare Center, Stavanger, Norway. He has commanded at the flight, squadron and wing levels. He has flown combat missions in support of operations Just Cause, Desert Storm and Inherent Resolve. He served as Deputy Director of Operations (J3) at U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. He also served as Director, F-35 Integration Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. Prior to his current assignment, General Harrigian was Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
General Harrigian is a command pilot with over 4,100 hrs in the F-22, F-15C, A/OA-37 and MQ-1.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- July 1985 - August 1986, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams Air Force Base, Ariz.
- April 1987 - January 1990, A/AO-37 Air Liaison Officer, forward air controller instructor pilot, and standardization and evaluation pilot, 24th Tactical Air Support Squadron, Howard AFB, Panama
- March 1990 - September 1990, Student, F-15 replacement training, 555th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- September 1990 - June 1992, Squadron Life Support Officer, Chief, Squadron Scheduling, 8th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- July 1992 - June 1995, Chief, Squadron Scheduling, 1st Tactical Fighter Squadron, and Academic Instructor, Multi-stage Improvement Program, 325th Training Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- July 1995 - December 1995, Student, U.S. Air Force Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- January 1996 - June 1998, Chief, Weapons and Tactic, 58th Fighter Squadron, and Chief, Wing, Weapons, 33rd Operational Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- June 1998 - June 1999, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
- June 1999 - August 1999, Student, F-15 requalification training, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- August 1999 - January 2000, instructor pilot, F-15 Division; and Chief, Advanced Programs, Director of Tactics, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- January 2000 - May 2001, Operations Officer, F-15 Division, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- May 2001 - October 2002, Operations Officer, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- October 2002 - December 2004, Commander, 43rd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- December 2004 - August 2005, Air Force Fellow, George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- August 2005 - June 2007, Chief, Joint Exercise Division, NATO's Joint Warfare Center, Stavanger, Norway
- June 2007 - January 2008, Vice Commander, 1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Va.
- January 2008 - June 2011, Commander, 49th Fighter Wing, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- July 2010 - July 2011, Deputy Director for Strategy, Plans and Assessment (J5), U.S. Forces- Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq
- August 2011 - January 2013, Assistant Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, and Assistant Vice Commander, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- February 2013 - July 2014,DeputyDirector,Operations(J3),U.S.CentralCommand,MacDill AFB, Fla.
- August 2014 - April 2015, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
- April 2015 - July 2016, Director, F-35 Integration Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
- July 2016 – August 2018, Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Combined Force Air Component Commander, U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia.
- September 2018 – April 2019, Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
- May 2019 – present, Commander, Allied Air Command, Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Africa; headquartered at Ramstein Air Base, Germany; and Director, Joint Air Power Competency Centre, Kalkar.
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
French Medaille De La Defense Nationale
Qatar Military Gallantry Decoration of the First Degree
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
May 29, 1985 - Second Lieutenant
May 29, 1987 - First Lieutenant
May 29, 1989 - Captain
January 1, 1997 - Major
May 1, 2000 - Lieutenant Colonel
February 1, 2006 - Colonel
November 11, 2010 - Brigadier General
February 7, 2014 - Major General
July 22, 2016 - Lieutenant General
May 1, 2019 - General